Cosmetic dentistry is developing rapidly. Especially in the last 10 years, there have been many innovations.
What Is Aesthetic / Cosmetic Dentistry?
The natural, white and smooth order of our teeth with aesthetic correction is one of the important aesthetic details on our faces. It is a fact that nice-looking and original teeth that perform their function contribute positively to the person's life.
A dental implant is an artificial tooth that is surgically placed into the jaw bone to replace missing teeth.
Aesthetic dentistry is a blend of Science, Technology and art. Its aim is to capture “health and natural beauty”.
Objectives Of Dental Aesthetics;
* Designing healthy and appropriate smile,
· Form natural and aesthetically pleasing teeth with tooth correction in damaged teeth,
· Healthy aesthetic gums in ideal color and size,
· Bringing the rate of tooth and gum to the ideal spot and ensuring harmony,
· A beautiful smile as a result of all treatments is healthy teeth and gums.
· Natural appearance for aesthetic teeth, aesthetic and aesthetic smiles is the most important thing,
· Good examination of the patient's patients in the treatment of dental aesthetic and the most natural results to be taken.
Temporomandibular Joint Disorders (Lower Jaw Joint)
It is examined under oral and dental health. Temporomandibular joint (tmme, lower jaw joint) and/or pain and dysfunction syndrome that holds the chewing muscles. Jaw joint disorders, today has taken under the influence of a common segment. The alignment between the joint surface and the disc is disrupted.
What Are The Symptoms Of Lower Jaw Disorders?
Pain during opening of the mouth
- Clicking on the squeaking, clicking, clicking when opening and closing the mouth
- Restricted opening or deadlock during opening of the mouth
Pain or stiffness in the neck
What are the symptoms of migraine headaches?)
- Pain during chewing and felt percent
Pain when closing the teeth on top of each other
- Sensation in jaw during chewing
- Usually in the morning when you have difficulty opening the jaw and experiencing jaw pain
- Experiencing the difficulty of yawning
Ear pain and ringing in the ears, rumbling sounds, congestion and feeling of pressure
- Sudden change in the form of Union of our upper and lower teeth
- Facial muscle hyperplasia may be due to the percent asymmetry
- Shifting in the jaw during opening of the mouth (deviation)
What Are The Causes Of Lower Jaw Joint Function Disorders?
* Direct trauma to the jaw or joint area (accidental or Impact))
- One-sided chewing habits
- Dental deficiencies
- Tooth tightening and grinding
- Stress, depression, etc.
- Non-physiological tooth closure
- Developmental defects of the joint (hypoplasia, etc.))
- Degenerative joint disorders, osteoarthritis, arthrosis
- Autoimmune diseases, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus
- Unknown factors
- Examination of teeth and closing system
- Examination of chewing muscles
Examination of the jaw joint
***The most important thing to do first is patient education.
Some of the tests may be used along with the examination for diagnosis of jaw joint disorders. In addition, traditional or Computed Tomography and magnetic resonance imaging are frequently used imaging methods. Rarely, scintigraphy or pet examinations may be required.
- Treatment of symptoms.
- Treating the underlying cause.
- Elimination of preparative factors.
- Treatment of pathological effects.
What Are The Treatment Options?
- Patient education and treatment
- Splint therapy
- Psychiatric support
- Advanced treatments (surgery, etc.))
- Reducing the burden on the jaw joints is very important, the patient should be removed from stress.
- Chewing gum and eating hard foods to make the jaw yuracak is prohibited.
- When yawning and sneezing, the mouth should not be opened, chin should be supported by hand.
- Biting action should definitely not be done, foods should be taken into small pieces of mouth.
- One-sided chewing should not be done, foods should be chewed to be used on both sides.
- In cases where pain is very severe, pain relievers, muscle relaxants and anti-inflammatory drugs may be used until the doctor's procedure.
End Of Treatment;
- Early and pathological tubercle contacts are corrected.
- Closing is checked, if necessary, the patient is referred to the orthodontic section.
- Tooth deficiencies, if any, are eliminated through the prosthetic treatments and a neutral closure is provided.
- If you continue to grind or grind teeth, you will be asked to consult a psychiatrist.
As a result of these complementary treatments, the treatment process of the jaw joint can be concluded with complete success. Treatment of temporomandibular joint(TM) dysfunction requires a multidisciplinary approach, primarily patient compliance. With the treatment of temporomandibular joint specialist, physical therapy specialist, psychiatrist, neurologist may also require consultation.